Sunday 17 February 2013

Glass clock decorated with decoupage


I love working with glass, but this was not always the case! When I first started to practice decoupage, my initial attempts at decoupage under glass failed dismally!
I have lost track of the number of times that I have placed an abandoned plate in a bowl of water to soak for days, in order to remove all the paper and glue and then start again!


For this clock I decided to completely cover the glass surface in collage. I always start with a central image which has inspired me and then I work around this image building up the collage until the whole surface is covered. I just love the way a collage evolves from just one image.





My central image is the gorgeous picture of the parrot




 I  used pictures of exotic birds to build up the collage



I added the decorative hands to complete the clock

No comments:

Post a Comment