Wednesday 22 April 2020

Romantic springtime Easter eggs!



I know that Easter is now finished for this year, but because I had been asked to do a workshop for these romantic Easter eggs at my shop which due to the Corona-virus I was unable to so, so I thought it would be nice to do a photo tutorial for my blog.

These Easter eggs are very easy to do and I love the way they look, I think that they really bring spring into our homes. I hope you like them too!

Materials needed:

Styrofoam egg

Acrylic gesso
Cement paste
Hot glue gun
Fabric flowers
Ribbon
Acrylic or chalk paints 2 -3 toning colours

 STEP 1:
 


Paint the egg with a coat or two of acrylic gesso and allow to dry.

STEP 2:
 





 Apply with a spatula, a layer of the cement paste and allow to dry completely.

 STEP 3:







Using your chosen colors paint the cement mixing your colors so that the one color blends into the other. You can also allow the cement to show through in places but make sure you paint over the gesso so that it does not show through. Once the paint has dried you can apply splatters of white paint with an old toothbrush or paint brush.

STEP 4:
 


 

With your hot glue gun glue the two sides of the your egg together and then attach your ribbon around the join. 

STEP 5:





Glue your flowers to the ribbon and any other embellishments such as string, feathers etc that you like and there you go! Ready to bring spring into your home.....

I'm waiting to see your artworks too! I would love you to share them in our Facebook group, 

Yours friendly,
Fiona

No comments:

Post a Comment